Digital Diagnostic Radiology
This is one of the main diagnostic tests in which the image of the dental bed is saved and projected directly on a monitor instead of imprinted on film.
This test is performed in our office thanks to state-of-the-art equipment. It allows you to evaluate the radiographic image by enlarging, rotating, observing three-dimensionally, and coloring according to the density of the tissues. Furthermore, with digital radiology the dose of radiation emitted and absorbed is much lower than that of traditional systems. It is possible to carry out an intraoperative check-up with results in real time.
Radiographic evaluations can be of various types.
- Endorals: the intraoral plates allow you to have greater visibility of the individual teeth, of the maxillary bone in which they are inserted, to know the number and shape of the roots, and to accurately measure the length channels. They are the fundamental plates for an accurate diagnosis, allowing for precise evaluation of the tooth and the structures close to it.
- Orthopantomography (dental overview): The overview of the lower and upper dental arch is the basis of any dental check-up as it allows the doctor to have an overview of the state of the teeth, the state of periodontal bone tissues, devitalized teeth, fillings and implant surgery.
- Teleradiography: it allows a lateral or postero-anterior view of the skull and is the exam usually required in anticipation of an orthodontic and / or gnathological treatment (with Gnathology we identify the branch of dentistry that studies the physiology, pathology as well as the functions of the jaws, namely: chewing, swallowing, phonation and postural balance).
- Tac Cone Beam CBCT: is dedicated to the study of the facial massif, in particular the dental arches in the evaluation and planning of implantology or surgery. The Cone Beam technology uses a conical x-ray beam that allows for acquiring a large volume with a considerable reduction in radiation exposure to the patient compared to conventional CT systems.
- CT TMJ Temporo-Mandibular Joint (Stratigraphy): is required most of the time for temporomandibular dysfunctions. This pathology is reflected in an altered function of the joint in the opening or closing movements of the mouth.
If you would like to make an appointment at the Bracchetti Dental Clinic in Milan please click the Request form - Or you can write us on whatsapp and if you want to talk to the secretary you can do so easily by calling the office by clicking here